Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Confusions Cornucopia

My life is full of confusions and self doubts right now [ what a pathetic way to start a blog post!! hmff ]
Na sachi.. I am not in my senses or so it seems with the way I am shaping up my life..
My dad is looking for Mr right for me.. and he is trying very hard to find the perfect one.. But every single person he comes up with and discusses with me.. I never seem satisfied.. I want him to try harder and find the best..

Now this is what is bothering me.. I want him to find the best while all my life when I had to do something for myself , I had settled for mediocrity instead of trying harder..
I settled for a mediocrity when I decided to join a State college instead of preparing for IIT..
I settled for mediocrity when I took up this Quality job when I know how much more I am capable of doing..
I settled for mediocrity.. I didnt try much..

and now when my father is trying for me.. I dont want to settle for mediocrity... When I was responsible for my own actions, Mediocrity was fine but when it is somebody else , It has to be the best!!

Have i stooped that low?? To expect from others what i am myself unable to achieve?

I dont want to marry .. not now.. but seeing so much efforts my dad is making, I dont want to him to be worried and troubled over all this... I am not sure if the next guy he brings, whether I would say yes and let him be relieved of all the tensions.. I dont know what am I going to do..
Uff .. so much confusions!!

5 comments:

Alien I said...

Talking about mediocrity I'd second what you feel. But for the past few years I have learned something! .. More than your talents, your attitude and game spirit makes you deserve something!

"..I know how much more I am capable of doing.."

Bow!! but ".. I didnt try much.." uhmmm!!

Confusion is a spice of my life! And now I guess its contagious too!

Don't wanna marry .. not ready for it! .. well its totally your call!

Great Post!!

-=alIenI=-

Ashutosh Dubey said...

agreed with alien..a great post..read with a smile..don't know exactly what to comment upon but it was nice to have a sneak-peek into ur thoughts..[:)]

Unknown said...

If there is one thing I've learned, it's that never ever settle for anything less than what you want.

But this involves a lot of speculation and introspection: You must know exactly what you want before you set out to get it.

Nobody else, not even your parents, can ever know you completely and that puts the responsibility on yourself to get what you want.

Unknown said...

You read the post you commented on at my blog, didn't you?

Did you understand what I was trying to say?

It's not about "mediocrity" at all. Being at IIT doesn't mean you are at the top of the world. Neither does being at a "mediocre" college make you any less capable.

It's all about what YOU want. It's all about what YOU make out of something. I have suffered the past 4 years stuck here at IITB studying something I never wanted to. All because my parents said so and I was too stupid to decide for myself. And it's the most horrible feeling in the world, being a slave, when you can keep in your mind the spectacular futures you could have.

I hope this comment stirs something within you. Stop expecting things to happen for you. MAKE things happen for you.

Or you'll end up stuck with a life, trying to adapt to a life you didn't choose. If you decide for yourself and make a mistake, at least the mistake will be yours.

P.S. Apologies if the tone of this comment offended you in any way; it just came out this way, a result of seeing another being in the same state as I was.

P.P.S. Have I been here before?

Unknown said...

P.P.P.S. Whoops didn't notice that I had left a comment at this very post the last time I was here. :D